Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cooking as an art!

"When we no longer have good cooking in the world, we will have no literature, nor high and sharp intelligence, nor friendly gatherings, no social harmony."
Marie-Antoine CarĂªme

For me, cooking has always been centered around social gatherings. Family and friends gathering together in one place at the same time can seem some what a rarity with the social and economic times we are in now. For me cooking is a way of life. My dad always said, find a job that you love doing, you will know you've found it when going to it is not a "job" at all. I found that in the culinary arts and when I attended Culinary School.
Although my culinary school was a small state university, I owe my ability and continued dedication to the craft to the opportunities I was presented with at the college. I've had many opportunities to advance myself and my skills through ACF approved competitions, some at the national level. Below are some photos of food that I have prepared through competitions that utilize all aspects of an appetizer, or an entree course.

No comments:

Post a Comment